Is it just me, or does it feel like we just did this... it's Pattern Parcel time again!! The last one ended just a week ago, but I'm not complaining- I LOVE seeing what everyone makes with these patterns, and I love sewing things up for the Parcel blog tour. This is the last parcel of the year so I'm soaking it up while it lasts.
Choose a price of $32 or greater for Parcel #7 and you will automatically also be sent the Bonus Pattern! That's just over $5 a pattern. The Bonus Pattern for this Parcel is the brand new Daphne Bag pattern from Clover & Violet. The Daphne is a slouchy satchel that can be worn cross body or as a shoulder bag. The zip top keeps your gear secure and the internal pockets keep your accessories where you need them. This is a brand new, never been seen before pattern and is an exclusive opportunity for Parcel #7 customers! And in case you haven't been around here much, or don't know what Perfect Pattern Parcel is- here's the spiel:
- the quilted front
- separate pattern pieces for interfacing mean I don't have to cut into my pattern or trim down myself
- the size, as I've already raved about
- lots of organization inside
- I used heavy weight interfacing because that's all I had. Don't do that.
- I omitted one card pocket because of bulk (from the too-thick interfacing)
- used leather for my flap piece and opted to leave the edges raw
- added a leather pull tab to my zipper
- BUY THE RIGHT INTERFACING. Because the bulk makes the lining sort of buckle and not fit right inside the wallet
- if I use this thin leather again I'll fold over the edges
- I'd like more card slots and less cash pocket spots, so I'll probably omit the card pockets and stitch down the cash pockets to the lining in intervals to form pockets. Does that make sense?
- insert my interior zipper the same direction as my exterior one- right now when the outer zipper is open it covers the tab of the inner zipper and makes it hard to open. A simple switch would make life easier
- I might add a d-ring on the side for latching keys on to, just to keep things easy to find
- exterior fabric- thrifted years ago, a medium weight wool blend I'm guessing
- lining fabric- floral remnant from a dress up cape I made a while back- originally from Joann
- leather- upcycled from a leather jacket
- heavy duty yellow thread for topstitching
- zippers both from Joann
Parcel #4 Inspiration Tour Schedule: